Specialty Testing Solutions Oklahoma (STSO) is an ISO Accredited laboratory specializing in cannabis testing. STSO offers clients a complete range of services including full COA and R&D testing, correlation reporting, and priority services.
STSO is looking for employees who want to grow in their knowledge of a cannabis laboratory and can foster a team environment while conducting themselves professionally and ethically.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Accessioning Technician position works under direct supervision to learn the proper handling of all samples received at STSO Labs and ultimately prepares samples for laboratory processing and testing following the compliant guidelines set by all governing laboratory bodies. The position includes such functions as matching client information, data entry, opening and receiving samples, quality control, updating missing information, placing courier requests, sample counts, partitioning, and scanning documents.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and LIS Systems with strong typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to work independently and cohesively as part of a team.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to take direction and assimilate instructions.
- Must have strong customer service skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, production-based environment.
- Perform basic data entry and lab duties, including but not limited to client demographics, ordering, document scanning, document control, document review, corrective action documentation, sample storage, and supply inventory.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of information relative to the laboratory.
- Accurately and properly handles and processes all laboratory specimens.
- Accurately enters all required information presented an STSO Labs or client specific order chain of custody into the laboratory information system.
- Accurately determine sample acceptability, consulting with specimen processing supervisor, senior technologists, or manager as needed taking appropriate action when necessary.
- Adheres specifically and precisely to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Ensures processed data is accurate through document and client demographics review.
- Assists in documentation and maintenance of corrective action programs.
- Participates in all departmental training programs and practices.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary, and well-organized work environment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to laboratory compliance practices.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 2+ years’ experience working in a laboratory preferred.
- Familiar with laboratory practices and compliance in cannabis setting.
Physical Requirements: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus as well as work on a computer for extended periods of time. The employee must be able to communicate verbally with customers, vendors and employees on the phone or in person.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Laboratory Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location; Tulsa, Oklahoma
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply.
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more.
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply.
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma.
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place