Specialty Testing Solutions- Oklahoma
Division/Department: Cannabis Testing
Location: 10810 E 45th Street, Suite 400, Tulsa OK 74146
Specialty Testing Solutions Oklahoma (STSO) is an ISO Accredited laboratory specializing in cannabis testing. STSO offers clients a complete range of services including full COA and R&D testing, correlation reporting, and priority services.
STSO is looking for employees who want to grow in their knowledge of a cannabis laboratory and can foster a team environment while conducting themselves professionally and ethically.
Roles and Responsibilities
This position will report to the Lab Director, working under formal supervision. This individual is provided authority to implement and administer laboratory policies, analytical methods and procedures described in the scope of responsibilities. Individual may set pace of work as long as it meets pre-determined deadlines and may train others to perform assigned tasks.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation.
- Must possess skills on LCMS/MS, GCMS, HPLC, qPCR or ICPMS.
- Must have some laboratory experience and become familiar with cannabis compliance as required by state OMMA, FDA, and GLP and ISO/IEC 17025;2017 requirements.
- Must have laboratory experience.
- Must understand workflow, turnaround times, and streamlined approaches.
- Must have some research and development skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Implementation of validation protocols.
- Work with vendors to order supplies.
- Take direction from management.
- Be organized and prepared.
- Understand and meet timelines.
- Assists in documentation and maintenance of corrective action programs.
- Participates in all departmental training programs and practices.
- Maintain a safe, sanitary, and well-organized work environment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to laboratory compliance practices.
- Provide updates on scientific team progress as well as manage own development and timelines.
- Provide scientific support to team.
- Scientific writing for reporting, data management reporting, and standard operating procedures a must. All data must be approved by the laboratory director before final submission.
- Be current with all regulatory cannabis compliance.
- Adaptable to fast-pace changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry or microbiology with strength in chemistry.
- Experience with mass spectrometry.
- Research experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a laboratory preferred.
- Familiar with laboratory practices and compliance in cannabis setting.
Physical Requirements: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus as well as work on a computer for extended periods of time. The employee must be able to communicate verbally with customers, vendors and employees on the phone or in person.
- Shimadzu and SCIEX experience.
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Biochemistry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Laboratory Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place